Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sundays = Free Stuff

January 15th:
       
       After finding out that pretty much every tourist spot is free to go to on Sundays, me and Paul hit all the big spots in town; Torres de Serranos, Museu de Belles Arts de Valencia, and VIMA (Valencia Institute of Modern Art)
       The Torres de Serranos are one of the twelve gates that were found along the old medieval city wall in Valencia, and are considered Valencia's most iconic building. The crazy thing is that they are right outside my window and it has taken me fifteen days to finally make it up to the top. However, once up to the top I got to see an amazing view of Valencia. 










       
       










       Next we ventured over to the Museu de Belles Arts de Valencia. It contained a good array of array of biblical art work. Once again it is easier to show you than trying to describe it, so heres some pictures.  



                                                 An old chest, good luck picking this lock. 






                                               A really pretty courtyard in the museum. 





                                                                     Cain and Abel. 







                                           The lobby ceiling thats, I don't know, 45 feet tall?  







                           This was a series of pictures of important events in Joseph's life.  





I don't know what this was originally intended for but there are tons of them and they're two stories tall. Alter pieces?



                                Sinner stew. This was a portion of one of the giant pictures. 



                                                               I want this chess set. 


The big blue dome is the museum. Spaniards like to make things a lot bigger than they need to be.



Lastly, Paul and I went to the modern art museum. Neither of us like modern art but we figured we'd go check it out just because it was free. There was only two exhibits that I liked so I decided to share them with you. 

                                                   See if you can figure out the pattern.



This is one continuous piece of wood. I sat there for a little wile trying to trace the path with my eyes. 

       After two museums and a giant tower we were tired and decided to call it a day. We might venture out again another Sunday to hit up the rest of the free stuff, but who knows. 


No comments:

Post a Comment